Saturday, October 31, 2009

2009 Baseball Awards

All World All Sports Blogs

-Digger's Daily-

Back in September I made up my personal short list of potential candidates for MLB awards. Official announcements will be made soon after World Series games conclude. Today, I'm posting my final list of players most deserving of this years hardware.

American League
MVP - Joe Mauer (C, Minnesota)
Cy Young - Felix Hernandez (Seattle)
Rookie of the Year - Andrew Bailey (CL, Oakland)
Manager - Mike Scioscia (Angels)
Comeback Player - Aaron Hill (2B, Toronto)

National League
MVP - Albert Pujols (1B, St. Louis)
Cy Young - Adam Wainwright (St. Louis)
Rookie of the Year - J.A. Happ (P, Philadelphia)
Manager - Tony LaRussa (St. Louis)
Comeback Player - Chris Carpenter (SP, St Louis)

Just like every other season, I'm sure plenty of controversy surround winners and runner-ups. Many think Zack Greinke should be AL Cy Young. It wouldn't surprise me if he won it. In my book, Hernandez had a better season and helped his team win more games. AL MVP is a crowded race. Plenty of votes will be spread out between Mark Teixeira, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Miguel Cabrera and Kendry Morales. The NL side is more straight forward. Cy Young might become the only exception. Wainwright and teammate Carpenter should end up 1-2 on official ballots.

(www.allworldallsports.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment